This position calls for an individual who has an analytical mind and the ability to pay very close attention to detail in order to implement effective supply chain and inventory control protocols.
The Junior Data Analyst will be responsible for collecting data from the stores, merchandising department and finance to create reports, and ultimately help in providing insight into process improvements and efficiencies.
- Monitor and manage levels of stock within stores through data analysis
- Accurate item level forecasting
- Interpret and analyze data to provide on-going reports
- Develop databases and help implement strategies for process improvement
- Collect data from primary and/or secondary sources and maintain databases
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses to build and define solutions to solve business problem uncovering trends and relationships
- Proven track record at managing multiple projects in fast paced cross-functional team environment.
- Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
- Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains internal and external data
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, statistics, computer science, or related field
- 2 years + experience within an analytical retail environment working as a Supply Chain Analyst, Retail Analyst, Inventory Analyst, Forecast Analyst, Planning Analyst or Information Analyst
- Strong analytical skills; Excel required. Advanced proficiency with MS Excel required (creating pivot tables, formulas, macros, vlookup, etc.)
- SPSS desirable
- Strong analytical skills to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior knowledge and experience with reporting tools
- Proficient with queries, report writing and presenting findings
- High level of energy and positive attitude
- Proven problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, kindly register below and submit a detailed CV to email@example.com. The subject of your email should read “Junior Data Analyst”.
The submission deadline is 8th September 2017. No application received after this date will be accepted. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.